Apply NowDiscover it Card $50 New Member Bonus:
You can sign up through this Discover it Card Referral Link to earn a $50 bonus with your new account.
You’ll get the $50 statement credit after you make your first purchase within 3 months of being approved.
The bonus will be applied to your account within 8 weeks.
Discover it Cash Back Card Details
Annual Fee: 0%
Regular APR: 14.24% – 25.24% Variable APR
Intro APR: 0% on Purchases and Balance Transfers for 14 months
- INTRO OFFER: Discover will match ALL the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first year, automatically. There’s no signing up. And no limit to how much is matched.
- Earn 5% cash back at different places each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com and more up to the quarterly maximum, each time you activate.
- Plus, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases – automatically.
- MORE DETAILS
How Does the Discover Refer a Friend Bonus Work?
You can get a Discover Card referral bonus by logging into your Discover account online and creating a referral link, which you can then share with friends and family. If someone you invite gets approved, both you and that person will earn $50 bonus cash back, or 5,000 bonus miles if you have a miles card. The person you referred just has to make a single purchase to get their reward. You can do this up to 10 times a year, for a total of $500 cash back or 50,000 miles. And if it’s your first year with one of the Discover it cards, all the rewards you earn (including referral bonuses) get matched at the end of the year.
It costs nothing but a few minutes of your time to make referrals, so it’s definitely worth doing. Let’s look at the details.
Here’s how to get a Discover Card referral bonus:
1. Go to Discover’s Refer-A-Friend page and log in with your username and password.
2. Choose whether to create a link to distribute yourself or automatically email select individuals. If you make a link for anyone to use, you can share it on Facebook or Twitter.
3. Wait for people to use your link. You’ll have to ask them to let you know if they get approved. Discover, unfortunately, won’t notify you.
4. After your referral is approved, wait 1-2 billing periods for the reward to actually show up in your account. If it doesn’t, call Discover customer service at 1-800-347-2683.
So in conclusion, the Discover referral bonus is a great value, and it’s super easy to get as long as you have friends who are able to get approved for the card you refer them to. It just might take a while for you to receive the rewards you’ve earned, which can be frustrating.